There are three ways of installing Intercom on your website. One way needs some basic coding skills where you copy/paste the code snippet before the closing body tag on every page where you want to messenger to appear. Another way is add the code snippet to Google Tag Manager.
Click here to read the guide for implementing the code in GTM.
The last and efficient way of installing Intercom on your website, if you are using WordPress is to install the Intercom plugin.
Here is how you setup up the plugin:
- Login to your wordpress website and click Plugins from the menu > Add New.
- From the search bar at the top of the page, search for “Intercom” and choose the plugin developed from Intercom.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Once activated you need to press Connect with Intercom.
- When connected the last thing you need to do is to add the App ID which you can find within your Intercom account from the URL or https://app.intercom.io/a/apps/App_ID/
- Boom – you are all set! The Intercom Messenger appears on your website.
If you still want to add the code snippet within your body-tags without using the Intercom plugin, I’ll recommend using Insert Headers and Footers plugin. Enjoy!