Installation time: 7,5 minutes.
I recommend installing AdWords conversion tracking code using Google Tag Manager. Click here to read the guide for implementing the code in GTM.
- Visit Google AdWords. Create an account if you do not have one yet. Follow the steps: About your business > Your first campaign > Billing > Review.
- From the top menu click Tool > Conversions.
- Click +Conversion and select your source.
- Fill in a conversion Name, Value. Count, Conversion windows, Category and if you want to Include in Conversions. Save.
- Copy and paste the code snippet into your body-tag <body>Code code code</body>. Voilá!
Install Google AdWords conversion tracking code in WordPress
Use the code sections of your wordpress theme and in the body-tags insert the code snippet. If you don’t have a theme that supports this function, download the plugin WP insert code. I’m really not a big fan of plugins so it would be crazy if I didn’t recommended you to implement the snippet code via FTP or even better with Google Tag Manager.
Useful tips: Use Google Tag Manager to install Google AdWords.
Did you like this? Brag to your colleagues about your new skill and share it!